Thursday, February 19, 2009

3 Weeks and counting...

I haven't forgotten about my lovely blog - just been hanging out and waiting... not so patiently but by "new life" will begin anew 3 weeks from today. By this time of day (3:30pm), I should be well out of surgery and be on my second or third lap of the ward.

Dr. Pop wants us up & walking as much as possible post-op. It helps get the anesthetic out of our systems and eases the gas (that they pump inside of your gut to inflate your skin/tummy while the laprascopic procedure is done) out. As I recall after my gall bladder was removed by lap. in 2001, the gas pain in my shoulder was close to the worst part of the recovery. Now i know better - I came home and parked in the Lazy-Boy in the tv room (of course - lets be clear that I had my gall bladder out on THE Sept 11th) and tried to watch and grasp what had happened while I'd been at the hospital since 6:30am.

This time, I will be wanting to be up & walking as much as they'll let me. Bring it on - I'm ready!

0 comments: